Believe me when I tell you that the Holy Water is a very powerful instrument and a gift of God to His Church. As a sacramental, the holy water receives powers through the prayers and authority of the Church.
Please note that the holy water you use must be blessed by a Priest, I have seen some Catholics who take water salt and say some prayers of blessings over them and say its holy water. It’s a mistake and those people seem not to know what they are doing. Your holy water must be blessed by an ordained priest of the Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church.
The rite of blessing that a priest says over to make it holy contains prayers of exorcism. It can banish demons, heal the sick, and bring grace upon anyone who uses it with faith and trust in the power of God over His Church.
St. Teresa of Avila extolled the importance of holy water and she said “From long experience I have learned that there is nothing like holy water to put devils to flight and prevent them from coming back again. They also flee from the Cross, but return; so holy water must have great virtue. For my own part, whenever I take it, my soul feels a particular and most notable consolation.” -St. Teresa of Avila
I have many personal experiences, nights when I find myself battling with demons and wake up feeling strongly the presence of evil around me. I sprinkle holy water around my bedroom and sleep again, this time in peace as the evil would take to flight.
I want to show you 7 powerful ways to use the holy water but before we begin, I encourage you to please subscribe to our channel for good Catholic contents. If you want me to pray for a special intention of yours, please type your intention in the comment section of this video.
- Blessing Yourself: you can use holy water to bless yourself with the Sign of the Cross like when you are entering a Church or a Chapel. Remember that the Sign of the Cross is a complete prayer and when you make it with holy water, this can be a powerful prayer to drive away evil from around you.
- Theresa of Avila said it herself that from her long experience, there is nothing that drives the devil away so powerfully. The holy water is a powerful sacramental to drive the devil away.
- Bless the sick: when you have a sick family member or friend, you can bless and pray for them with the holy water as this can bring powerful healing to the person especially if this person is being tormented by some evil spirits. When you visit a sick person in the hospital, you can also leave a small bottle of holy water for the person as a powerful spiritual gift.
- Bless A New House: when a Catholic relocates to a new home, it is a beautiful practice to invite a Priest to pray over your new home and in most cases, the Priest will use holy water to bless the home after praying. But even if you don’t have a new home, you can always bless your current home frequently with holy water and this can be a way to drive evil away and bring God’s blessings to your house.
- Bless Your Car: honestly I suggest you have a small bottle of holy water in a compartment somewhere in your car. Sprinkle holy water from time to time in your car as this can be a source of protection on your journeys. Like in the case of buying a new house, some Catholics when they buy a new car, takes it to their Priest who prays over the car and sprinkles holy water around the car.
- Bless Your Work Space: sprinkling holy water around your work space will not only be a source of protection for you, but will also help sanctify your daily work activities for the glory of the Most High God.
- Bless Your Family: you can develop this practice of using holy water to make the Sign of the Cross over your spouse and children before they go to bed. This can be a way to bond the family together and to find peace in your sleep.